Wednesday 4 April 2012

Diamond Jubilee 1

Here is a card I made to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year, I decided I would make the Union Jack from ribbon and use one of the fabulous large crown charms that found on Mei's stall at the Leigh craft show as my main embellishment (I also added a couple of sparkly gems, it is a Diamond Jubilee afer all LOL!)

Halfway through making this one I came up with an idea for another which I will put up in a couple of days.



Dotty paper - found in scrap box not sure where it came from.
Red metallic card - local craft shop
Scalloped oval - Nellie Snellen multi frames dies - Oval 13
Oval die - Spellbinders
Wording - computer generated
10mm satin ribbons, 4mm satin ribbon, crown charm and gems - MeiFlower


I added tiny gems to the crown, a large one over the hole that the charm would usually hang by and a couple either side of the wording, 

I was really pleased with the way the Union Jack turned out, and I even made sure that I had it the right way up, (I didn't even know there was a right way up until I did some research before I made my card LOL!)

Hugs
Colette xx


3 comments:

Karen said...

Brilliant idea - the ribbons, charm and gems are perfect!

lalkygirl said...

what a fab creation,a brilliant idea and i love what you have done with the charm...superb
tracey x

Cathy Glitter Happy said...

Oh its gorgeous well done x